Might Waldameer and Water World be your First Job?
Never fear, we have some tips for mastering your interview!
- Make sure you are dressed "business casual" and you meet our grooming guidelines. No need for a suit and tie or a homecoming dress, just avoid those jeans and t-shirts.
- Arrive to the Job Fair with your completed application, photo ID, and Social Security Card (payroll purposes only) so you can save time when there are sometimes long lines.
- The best first impression is arriving to your interview with a sincere smile.
- Be ready to share some fun, unique things about yourself that you think make you the perfect Team Member. We love to hear about your school accomplishments, extracurricular activities, hobbies, and other activities.
- Remember, previous work experience is NOT a requirement. Waldameer and Water World considers activities with school, volunteer work, and babysitting among countless others as things that indicate a responsible hard worker.
- It's okay to be a little nervous. All of us get a little nervous before an interview. Just remember, we are all very excited to hear from you!
Unable to make it to our Job Fair on March 29th?
No problem, we understand you have a busy schedule. Starting April 1st you are more than welcome to stop by the Park Office for an interview any weekday between 8:00am and 5:00pm and on Saturdays from 9:00am to 3:00pm. The Park Office is the large gray building right next to Paratrooper. Make sure you enter Waldameer from the 6th and 8th street parking lot, walk through the Dodgem gate, and make a left and follow Sky Ride until you see the Office on the right. We recommend you stop by as early as possible in the month of April as many positions fill very quickly.
NEW for 2014: Want to become a Certified Lifeguard?
|Lifeguarding is a very high-responsibility skill that looks great on a resume!|
Positions available for ages 16 and up.
We have made some changes that will help getting your two-year certification more affordable! For the first time, Waldameer and Water World will compensate a portion of certification classes for the first year of a two-year certification. In the second year of certification, a portion of Water World uniform expenses will be compensated. Check out our Job Fair for more details!
Having Waldameer and Water World on your resume provides you will a variety of useful skills for your future. Team Members come away with extensive experience in guest service, teamwork, critical thinking, and high levels of responsibility. Along the way of building up your work skills, you will have the summer of your life making friendships that last a lifetime, earn Team Member incentives, and celebrate Team Member Parties!
For more information on Waldameer and Water World Job Openings, click here.