Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter Wonderland

I paid a visit yesterday and took a few pictures of the park for those that have never seen winter at Waldameer.



Here's the latest picture of the Mega Disk'O construction. This is the 8th section of rebar (reinforcing bar). Concrete will be poured over these steel bars that, as you may have guessed, reinforce the concrete structure of the Mega Disk'O.
.
.

The snowy and icy (and scary!) top hill of the RF II overlooking frozen Lake Erie.
.
.
Ahoy! Good thing the Pirate has his cove to hide from the freezing weather! (And his treasure is safely wrapped too.)
.
.

I see the pictures of surfers on the Wipeout and feel warm and fuzzy...but then see all the snow and feel cold and fuzzy (but this time only because I lost all feeling in my hands).
.
.

No one is singing or dancing on this stage...maybe ice skating?
.
.
I call this one - "X Screamly Snowy: A Waldameer Winter."
.
.
Thunder River should be renamed "Thunder Snowbank."
.
.
Currently, Rainbow Gardens has neither rainbows nor gardens.

1 comment :

waldameer rockin erie said...

wow waldameer is covered in snow i miss that place so much because it was so much fun for me be cause i loved the rfII that is my favorite ride i miss you guys well cya