Waldameer Park replaced its original Scenic Railway in 1915 with a new version. In 1919, however, with the implementation of Prohibition, Waldameer was forced to close one of its most popular early attractions – the Hofbrau German Beer Garden complete with singing waiters.
As the amusement park industry entered its golden age in the 1920’s, George Sinclair, who owned Meyer’s Lake Park in Canton, Ohio came to Waldameer Park and built the park’s largest roller coaster – the Ravine Flyer. Opened in 1922, the Ravine Flyer made use of the park’s topography to create drops of up to 80 feet, and it traveled over the road that ran in front of the park. Sinclair was a major concessionaire at Waldameer during the 1920’s, building not only the Ravine Flyer, but also the Old Mill.
Alex Moeller, a former German sailor, became general manager of the park during the 1920’s and continued the park’s expansion. In 1924, Moeller added the Whip, swing ride, and train. Other rides featured during this time included a Caterpillar, the Dodgem; Custer Cars, and early version of today’s turnpike rides; and Bluebeard’s Castle, a fun house. Also during the 1920’s, the carousel was relocated to a new building in order to spread out the park. This proved to be unsuccessful and the ride moved back to the original building after a few seasons. The new carousel building was converted into a picnic pavilion that is still in use.